RBWM – Council Tax Update - Our plan to invest in your priorities.
In our proposed council budget we are committed to investing in the services which matter to you, whilst still maintaining one of the lowest levels of Council Tax in England during this cost-of-living crisis.
Over the last four years we have:
• Increased investment in key services.
• Provided better services without passing on inflated bills to you, the residents.
• Doubled our level of reserves.
• Reduced unnecessary spending without impacting residents.
Now, our investment priorities are the ones you asked for in the numerous conversations we have had with many of you on your doorsteps or online.
From this we’ve put together a clear plan of action to include:
1. Delivering more money to help tackle crime & anti-social behaviour
2. Expanding the parking discount scheme for local residents
3. Improving our local environment through more regular street cleaning, tackling fly-tips, & dealing with ‘grot spots’
4. Improving our highways, tackling congestion, & promoting walking & cycling
5. Tackling climate change, improving air quality, & biodiversity
6. Delivering new jobs through sustained economic growth
7. Giving local people first priority for new affordable homes
Our ability to focus on the areas that matter most to you has been made possible by our strong stewardship of the council’s finances, which has delivered balanced budgets, continued investment in frontline services, and made improvements for the benefit of us all. With your ongoing and trusted support, we are determined to do so again this month, and to continue to do so well into the future.
Andrew Johnson & Samantha Rayner
Leader and Deputy Leader of the Royal Borough